NEW FOOD GUIDELINES FOR PRE-K PROGRAMS
This is information shared with your child's pre-k program, that we thought you might be interested in as well! This is from the US Department of Agriculture's Child and Adult Care Food Program:
PUBLIC LIBRARIES IN KALAMAZOO COUNTY ARE WAITING FOR YOU!
Many offer programs relating to 4-year-olds and children transitioning to kindergarten. A library is a great treasure you can share with your child!
McKay-Dole Library - Augusta-Ross Township District Library
Comstock Township Library
Galesburg-Charleston Memorial District Library
Kalamazoo Public Library
Parchment Community Library
Portage District Library
Richland Community Library
Schoolcraft Community Library
Vicksburg District Library
LOVE YOUR LIBRARY!
Use inside voices
Use walking feet
Use shelf markers if available when selecting
materials or return books to re-shelving carts
Put away puzzles after play
Encourage respectful use of materials,
furnishings and equipment.
Additional PARENT RESOURCES
- Follow KC Ready 4s on Facebook - we post information about upcoming events and fun activities you can try at home to reinforce the great experiences your child is having in the pre-k classroom.
Check out these sites for fun things to do in our community:
- The Kalamazoo Institute of Arts
- Read these 10 Tips for a Fun Time at the Art Museum
- The Kalamazoo Valley Museum
- The Kalamazoo Public Library